The topics raised were:
- The value of innovation
- How people / organization can transform to improve
- Benefits of adopting Agility
We then went through a brainstorming session about the value we would like Gatshas to deliver to the community. As you can imagine Post-it (one of the cheapest and most effective collaboration tool☺) were used for easier and better understanding of the topics, everyone provided their fair share of thoughts by penning them down.
· Learning from each other was on the top and came into different forms: share on new concepts, on specific business domain (e.g. banking), on success but also failure experiences, etc. It was also about personal development: learning to listen to other, being challenged, improve leadership and argumentation skills.
· Innovation is the expected focus area: understanding digital technologies, how they might reshape various industries, how companies prepare for disruption, how to change organization culture to cope, how innovation and agile relate to each other...
· Teamwork for going further than meeting, networking and talking. Working together, within multidisciplinary and cross functional groups, collaboratively delivering valuable materials: landscaping a topics, state-of-the-art, white paper. Group collaboration for testing new ideas, solving specific problems one face in his work: agile deployment challenges, where to begin an innovation transformation, etc.
· Collaboration Platform to provide the community with a co-operative environment to communicate, exchange knowledge and artefacts: interesting papers one found on the web, actual project data and metrics, benchmarks, results of the gatshas in the form of ah ahs, pics, working documents, etc. It’s also about building our own experience about innovation tools and their appropriation.
· Last but not least, having FUN in a relax and safe space where everybody can express freely and be listened to.
We then discuss how open we want the group to be. Shall we focus on gathering experienced professionals, experts that could exchange at a high level about advanced topics? Or should we keep the Y Community more opened and embrace diversity of experience level, mixing together beginners and experts? We all voted for the second option even if the first one would result in a higher level of learning. After all if a need for high level meetings and discussions on targeted topics arise, we will organise for it and support emergence of subgroups. So we decided that before experience and expertise what we wanted is people with drive.
We closed the session by listing some of the topics to be brought in the next sessions. So, get ready and anticipate for our next Gatsha on the following topics:
- The definition and limits of digital innovation
- Group discussion
- The various challenges and pitfalls for Agile & Agile Transformation
- Application of Agile practices
- What is innovation without Agility?
Any other suggestion? Any feedback about the ambitions and objectives? Leave your comments.
And register now for our next Gatsha on the 17th September 2014